Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm still here.

Never fear. I've just been reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally busy at The Office.

Anyway, Sister called me yesterday. She said, "I wanted to call and tell you what happened before you heard it from somewhere else and it was blown waaaaaay out of proportion."

Well, that's one way to be nice and vague.

She wanted to let me know that S was out playing at her other grandmother's house, got her toe caught on a crack in the concrete, and went sailing over the Little Tykes shopping cart that she had been pushing - and subsequently, ended up smashing face-first into the sidewalk.

Why on earth do you call somebody at work and tell them something like that - knowing that all they'll want to do is get there to make sure everything is ok?!?!?! I mean, for Pete's sake - don't do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what you fail to realize is that Sister has nothing else to do - except call everybody who works and terrorize them with info that's either pointless or upsetting. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Needless to say, I had to go see S last night. I walked in, looked at her, she looked back at me and said, "AuntieB I huwt my face - see - and swatched my awm - see - and I cwied and cwied but I'm ok now.". Um, ok.

Since it's not everyday that you crash your face into the concrete - since, you know, IT HURTS AND ALL! - I had to get her something at Wal-Mart. I had to get contact solution anyway, so I got some Princess and Dora gummys and a book that has 12 Disney Princess stories in it. And, OH, the EXCITEMENT! WHEN! SHE! SAW! THE! GUMMYS! AND! THE! BOOK! (yes, I stole that from Boomama - I confess, I'm a thief - moving on). Since it was a new book, we just had to crack the cover to see what was in it. And the joy that filled the house was great! because not only was there a Princess story book, but there were also Princess and Dora gummys!

So, after some snuggling (yes, I can still manage to do that with her being a 4 yr old), I decided that it was time for AuntieB to go home and TAKE THOSE STUPID CONTACTS OUT OF MY EYES BECAUSE THEY'RE ALMOST STUCK ON THERE PERMANENTLY! And I did need to charge the cell phone. I ended up at the house, on the couch, cell phone charging, and "Happy Feet"(I'm a fan of the music - really, really good stuff) in the DVD player at 11pm last night. When the movie went off (I slept thru most of it), I finally blew out all the lights and curled up with my kitties and went to sleep.

Good times.