Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm in a rut...

I need a vacation. Really.

I've not had a real vacation in 3 years. At least.

We do take trips throughout the year, but they're always to do something - not that there's anything wrong with that, but once in a while, you just need a break.

In May, we take the Thursday and Friday after Memorial Day off and go to Pigeon Forge, TN. It's for a bible conference. We video the sessions. I really enjoy it, but I'm really tired by the end of the
conference. It's just a looooooooong 2 days.

The conference is excellent. They have wonderful speakers that bring the Word to life and do a great job at applying it to the spirit of the meeting. The music is great. Some of the best you'll ever hear.

Then, the other trip we take is in November. The day after Thanksgiving. We go to Charlotte, NC to work in the OCC processing center. We work real hard for 2 days. You meet wonderful people there. The project is worth while. You're helping reach the world for Jesus.

In the midst of all that, coupled with weekly youth activities, 40 hour work weeks, being married and trying to keep your house in order, I think you can lose yourself. I'm just in a "burned out" stage right now. I've had no paid-time off at work for 3 years (the first 2 were working for Kelly Services - the last was working at The Office after being hired from Kelly payroll). So, every day I've taken off for the last 3 years has been unpaid. That's hard when you live on a shoestring budget. It used to be that C's paycheck paid the bills and if I didn't work, we didn't eat or put gas in the cars. No pressure there, huh?

All I'm saying is that I'm tired. I just need to get away. I'm not thinking clearly. The "girly" doc changed my bc - so I'm a little crazy while adjusting to 9 straight weeks of "active"pills. I am finally sleeping a little better (C got transferred back to "graveyard" shift - I love him deeply, but sleeping with him is like sleeping with an octopus). I'm not happy with my quiet time - I need more of it (don't we all).

Basically, I'm tired. I just need some rest. Right now, I'm not getting any. It's more mental than anything, but mental burn out leads to physical burn out. And you never know where that will lead.

I'm off to another youth meeting tonight. Pray that I can get some things accomplished. We only have 8 weeks (from tonight) before the State Competition. I need to whip them into shape in 8 weeks. "Please Lord, help me...."

0 comments: