Monday, June 11, 2007

WOW!!!!, Part 1

I know it's been a while. I've been swamped at The Office - I took 2 days off for a vacation. It's taken almost a week and a half to get caught up.

I knew it was going to be hectic, but that was crazy!!!

We take these 2 days off every year. There's a Bible Convention that we attend every year in Pigeon Forge, TN. If I had to come up with a word or phrase to decribe this convention, it would be "off the hook". Every year gets better than the last. I'm not even sure how that happens, but it does.

This year was especially hard, though. We were on our way out of town (two hours late getting out of town), when we find out that C's paycheck didn't get direct deposited like it was supposed to. CRAP!!!!! Can you see where this will end up? Going out of town with enough gas to get you there and enough cash to get 2 double McCheeseburger meals at the "Happy Clown" establishment.

Anyway, we get to enjoy the conference, but we are also "working" while we're there. We video the conference for the people who put it on. Which means that we sit through every session (and that's really ok - every session is good). If you would like to read more about what those people thought, go here. Good, good stuff.

The meetings consist of 4 seperate meetings. Thursday evening everybody has church together. The special music was provided by The Whisnants this year and the minister of the hour was Dr. Joe Arthur. His message was about "The Anchor". This session lasted about 3 hours.

I know what you're thinking. Church for 3 hours?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU CRAZY, WOMAN?!?!?!?!?! Maybe. I'll let you know when I find out.........

0 comments: