Monday, April 16, 2007

How the heart breaks...

While at work today, I heard about the horrific events unfolding at Virginia Tech.

My heart breaks for families that lost a member. My heart breaks for the people who have lost a friend. My heart breaks for the killer - that he thought this was the only way. My heart breaks that some people will blame God for letting this happen - while others will run to Him.

Almighty Father, help those families that are dealing with losing someone. I ask You to "go to where they are" in their grief, horror, shock, anger, or wherever. I ask You to "love on them not just a little, but a lot". I ask you to touch the hands that will be touching others - paramedics, firefighters, police, teachers, counselors, administrators. I ask you to be The Voice for those who will be dealing one-on-one with those who remain. I ask You to pour Your Spirit onto that campus - that people will run to You, cling to You, rest in You, give their hurts to You and allow You to apply the Balm of Gilead to their souls. I cry out to You on behalf of those who need You. Your mercy, grace, lovingkindness, peace, joy, comfort - anything that is needed You said in Your Word that You would supply it, and for that we offer thanks. Thank You for hearing Your children when they call upon Your Name. Amen.

0 comments: